Saturday, November 3, 2007

Gavin's first ear infection

You may be wondering why in the world I am celebrating Gavin's first ear infection, but when Raegan was this age, we had already had at least three!

Daycare told me on Thursday that he had been tugging on his right ear and they thought he had an infection. I didn't think a whole lot of it since he does tug on his ears a lot (I mean there is a LOT to tug on!). On Friday, he woke up with crusty eyes - YUCK! Throughout Friday the goop kept coming fast and furious. It was also a neon yellow! I probably should have taken him to the doctor on Friday, but I figured he just had a cold. When he woke up this morning, he wasn't any better, so I made an appointment for later this morning. Lo and behold, he has a BACTERIAL eye and ear infection! Not only did he hold off on his ear infections for 8 1/2 months, but he has to go and get a doozy of an infection!

I'm hoping he will feel better soon!

No comments: