Friday, June 29, 2007

Toddler Flu . . .

Yuck! Raegan got a fever last night so we gave her Tylenol and put her to bed. We didn't think anything else about it. Bob and I got up this morning and got ready like normal. He went in and got Raegan. When I gave her a kiss, she felt REALLY warm. I went and got the thermometer while he took her pajamas off. The thermometer said 105.1!!!! Oh, my GOD!!! So, we tried to get her to take some more tylenol and of course, she wanted nothing to do with it. After much "mom" anxiety, I called the ask a nurse through our pediatrician's office. She said NOT to give her a shower, just get her to take her Tylenol. I was thinking "You tell a two year old she HAS to do something!" After I hung up, Raegan threw up! I was thining "Great! She has the flu!" Now, both Bob and I had things going on at work that we really had to attend to. I know, it's Friday and I am supposed to be off! Today is our annual employee picnic, which I am in charge of. Bob has an important meeting in Holland, about 3 1/2 hours away. So, I took Gavin (aka Mr. Smiley) to daycare and went to work at my normal time. He could stay home until 10:00, so I came home about 9:45 to tag him out. I called my mother-in-law to let her know what was going on and she said she would stop by. It was so sweet! She brought Raegan a get well balloon and a Dora balloon! While she was here, Raegan threw up again! Carol left and I just her down for a nap. I hope that all is well with her. I feel so bad! I wish I could be sick for her!